Duplicate values in the database for “Record your current location” column in our survey data (downloaded excel files)

Hi,
Our team is using kobotoolbox for the first time. We found that there are some duplicate values in the database for “Record your current location” column in our survey data (downloaded excel files). Anyone else faced the same problem in their survey?

Thanks in advance,

Fazlur

Welcome to the community, @Fazlur! Would you mind sharing with us a screenshot of the issue you are seeing at your end?

Thanks for the reply. My colleagues are giving me excel file. There it looks like this in pivot.

I am bit worried whether the cell phone is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Fazlur

So you mean these GPS locations should be unique? Have you also checked the accuracy of these GPS locations? Have you made queries to the enumerators who collected the data if they collected the location from a same place rather then moving on and taking the exact location?

The enumerators should be roaming around to collect the data. So, we expect the locations should be unique. We are not very sure about the accuracy as we do not have much experience in this. Here is how it looks when I add precision:

You could take a screenshot of the accuracy through the XLS data that you download. You downloads should have a variable captures lat, long, accuracy and alt.