Dynamic Data Attachment - Referencing data from a repeat group

I have a tool that is sort of like an attendance sheet. I designed it in such a way that the title and other details of the event are in one group and a repeating group is assigned for the details of the participants. I wanted to use the latest update which is dynamic data attachment so that the previously entered data can be referenced and thus pre-fill the form if the name matches to the ones already submitted. However, this won’t work, even if I am referencing (parent) from a different tool.

Need help. Send help. Thanks!

Hi @KulotHacks
You need to now lay your form clearly to the community so that community members can support you. If you need dedicated support on this from other community members, you can post within the job board

Stephane

This is just a part of the tool that I am creating. The aim is that when a person who has previously used the tool to enter their name in the attendance tool, their details will be prefilled when the name/codename matches. e.g. in this case, the disability question should have been prefilled. But when the tool is deployed, it does not detect the previous answer and do not allow user to select an option, as if the question is a read-only. FYI I did not enable the read-only column here

Hi @KulotHacks
Your workflow indicates that you want to have the same form/project checked by subsequent entries to the same form/project. Unfortunately, this will not be able to work using the dynamic data attachment. Kindly relook at our support article on dynamic data attachment for more details.

Stephane

Dear @stephanealoo

I noticed some times it works, sometimes it’s not (when you update the form) when you use repeat question and use the subquestion entries to the same form/project.