Empty JSOn Download

Hi there,

I have a project where I am trying to download GeoJSON data, which should include Geoshape Polygons. I have tested the survey separately and the data is downloading successfully, however in one particular project the GeoJSON is just empty.

I am not the owner of the project that is not working, however I have tested the download with the owner, who is getting the same issue.

Welcome to the community, @co2b_nbs! Could you provide me with the following through a private message? Maybe I could have a closer look at your case?

  • Username
  • Project name
  • Server

You should be able to send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi Kal_Lam, was my previous message recieved? Thanks

Hi Kal_Lam thank you for reaching out regarding the Empty JSON Download, the username is xxxxxxx, the project is SE Forest Planting Form-V1, and it is on the EU server

@co2b_nbs, sorry, I did not receive any private message as requested, but I did receive it through this post. So there’s no need to share it with me again.

@co2b_nbs, it seems the project is owned by someone else. You may need to request the admin owner to grant you sufficient permissions to view the data as well.

@Kal_Lam I should have all neccesary permissions to view and access the data

@co2b_nbs, thank you! I can confirm that it’s an issue at our end. Will update you once we fix it. But until then you could use this API endpoint:

https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/api/v2/assets/<asset id>/data.json

@Kal_Lam Thank you could you please elaborate how I am to use the API endpoint?

This endpoint is for the json not the GeoJSON which is also empty, any further update on the fix?

@co2b_nbs, kindly be informed that our team is currently investigating this issue further. We will update you as soon as we have any new information.