end if single select option is no

Can someone tell me how i can put in the logic to end the survey if the answer to my single select option is no?

i have 25 questions that are essentially

1. enter info
  2. do you want to enter more info
  3. enter info
  4. do you want to enter more info

etc. . . until #25

for all “enter info questions” I put in logic that says that the question will not be skipped if the answer to the previous “do you want to enter more info” question is yes.

for all “do you want to enter more info” questions, I put in logic that says the question will not be skipped if the answer to the previous “do you want to enter more information” question is yes.

How do I make it so that the first no answer to a “do you want to enter more information” question ends the survey.

You can add logic to many questions at once.
To do so, so after the first “do you want to enter more info?” add a piece of skip logic that says :

is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

Do you want to enter more info?

is equal to:

Yes

Then, you can add that condition to all the subsequent questions:

To apply the above conditions to mutliple questions at once click here:
< Apply to other questions >

You can select all the questions you want to follow the “Yes” answer. If your respondent says “NO”, all these will be skipped.

~Neil

···

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM, rsklar mail4...@gmail.com wrote:

Can someone tell me how i can put in the logic to end the survey if the answer to my single select option is no?

1. enter info

3. enter info

etc. . . until #25

for all “enter info questions” I put in logic that says that the question will not be skipped if the answer to the previous “do you want to enter more info” question is yes.

for all “do you want to enter more info” questions, I put in logic that says the question will not be skipped if the answer to the previous “do you want to enter more information” question is yes.

How do I make it so that the first no answer to a “do you want to enter more information” question ends the survey.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/XFN0KY5hAo4J.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Hi neil,

I think you are misunderstanding my question. I have the appropriate skip logic for all the questions, if the answer is yes continue for the “do you want to enter more information” questions. I want to know how to end the survey if the answer is no.

···

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:27:36 PM UTC-4, Neil Hendrick wrote:

To do so, so after the first “do you want to enter more info?” add a piece of skip logic that says :

is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

You can select all the questions you want to follow the “Yes” answer. If your respondent says “NO”, all these will be skipped.

~Neil

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 3:16 PM, rsklar mail...@gmail.com wrote:

1. enter info

3. enter info

etc. . . until #25

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/XFN0KY5hAo4J.

To post to this group, send email to kobo...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Sklar,
There is no “go to end of survey” option in the skip logic. Questions are presented in order by default, if there is not skip condition, they pop up in the order they are written. The skip logic is applied to each question, so to cruise past every question if the user selects “No”, then you have to add a skip condition to every question. Every question you want to skip if the user selects “No” must have skip logic that says it is relevant only if the user selects “Yes”.

Like this:

…is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

We do this in surveys where the first thing we ask is consent to participate in the survey. Everyone must say “Yes” or the survey is over. So, every question in the survey after the consent question has a skip condition like the one above.

Hope that helps,

Neil

···

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM, rsklar mail4...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi neil,

I think you are misunderstanding my question. I have the appropriate skip logic for all the questions, if the answer is yes continue for the “do you want to enter more information” questions. I want to know how to end the survey if the answer is no.

is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

~Neil

1. enter info

3. enter info

etc. . . until #25

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/KndqZlZFPd0J.

Hi Neil,

This is exactly what I did! For every question, not only the do you want to continue single select questions questions, I put a skip condition “is not skipped if equal to yes”. However, When i upload to the phone and I put no as an answer, the form continues.

Rachel

···

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:25:39 AM UTC-4, Neil Hendrick wrote:

Sklar,
There is no “go to end of survey” option in the skip logic. Questions are presented in order by default, if there is not skip condition, they pop up in the order they are written. The skip logic is applied to each question, so to cruise past every question if the user selects “No”, then you have to add a skip condition to every question. Every question you want to skip if the user selects “No” must have skip logic that says it is relevant only if the user selects “Yes”.

Like this:

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

We do this in surveys where the first thing we ask is consent to participate in the survey. Everyone must say “Yes” or the survey is over. So, every question in the survey after the consent question has a skip condition like the one above.

Hope that helps,

Neil

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM, rsklar mail...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi neil,

is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

~Neil

1. enter info

3. enter info

etc. . . until #25

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/KndqZlZFPd0J.

Sklar,

Can you send us your survey form?

···

On Sep 1, 2012 12:59 PM, “rsklar” mail4...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Neil,

This is exactly what I did! For every question, not only the do you want to continue single select questions questions, I put a skip condition “is not skipped if equal to yes”. However, When i upload to the phone and I put no as an answer, the form continues.

Rachel

Sklar,

Like this:

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

Hope that helps,

Neil

Hi neil,

is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

~Neil

1. enter info

3. enter info

etc. . . until #25

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/ABYnE9tki3UJ.

Sklar,

Can you send us your survey form?

Hi Neil,

Rachel

Sklar,

Like this:

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

Hope that helps,

Neil

Hi neil,

is not skipped over when

all

of the following apply:

<>

is equal to:

Yes

~Neil

1. enter info

3. enter info

etc. . . until #25

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kobo-users/-/ABYnE9tki3UJ.

Piblik Kolekte.V11.xml (28.4 KB)

···

On Saturday, September 1, 2012 1:08:22 PM UTC-4, Neil Hendrick wrote:

On Sep 1, 2012 12:59 PM, “rsklar” mail...@gmail.com wrote: