Enketo API - struggling to get edit version of form

Hi,

We have our own instance of Kobo. We also want to use some of the edit capabilities of Enketo. We have however reached an obstacle and require the community’s assistance in resolving it.

This is the error that we are getting at the moment:

It seems that the problem is related to the below:
required parameter instance is the XML instance with escaped quotation marks to be loaded

Where would we get that parameter?
Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Is there another solution to this issue?

Welcome back to the community, @MalcolmDB! As a cross check would you mind validating your xlsform with this online validator to see if it has any issues?

I am working with @MalcolmDB on this - we are in the same company
All of our forms are experiencing the above issue
I have validated one of our forms using the link you @Kal_Lam provided, thanks

Based on some scant information gleaned in this forum and some google groups
I tried putting the submission data retrieved from kobo api for a single submission as XML
and placing it in the “instance” parameter between the tags. but no joy same error about nodes as reported by @MalcolmDB .

I used this api call to get the submission data:
https://kc.xxxxxxxxxx/api/v1/data/74?format=xml

Hi all,

I’m struggling with the same problem and i notice that still unsolved. Yous solved already?If yes, can you please help me showing where do i get this parameter instance?

Welcome to the community @Joao! Are you on your own server? If yes, did you try it through one of the public servers hosted by KoBoToolbox?

Yes, it’s a private server. It’s the company server where i work. I don’t know what the parameter is @Kal_Lam. If is possible to ilustrate ou show a guide where i can learn i would be greatful about it. That’s my struggling (I worrked with kobo a few years back in college, if this help anything)

Which version of enketo are you using?

1 Like