Error 500 when creating report or exporting data

Hello Kobo Community!

I have some trouble with creating reports or exporting data from Kobo. I have the error 500 that appears. I can not creating reports or exporting data with xls when I include the data from all the different versions. If I unclick on “include data from 15 versions” or if I upload the data with xls legacy, it works.
Please note data have been entered for several version of the forms (and columns names have been change between the versions). I have at the end around 1000 columns in my dataset (a lot of groups). Could it be related to this issue?

Is someone know how to fix the problem?

Does your survey project have a select_one_from_file question type?

No there is no select_one_from_file. But I suspect that several versions have been downloaded with submissions at each time. Would it be possible these different versions ( with different variables names and different nber of questions and in final data submissions) prevent from create visual and export data?

No that wouldn’t be a problem as data from all the form versions can be downloaded at the same time as outlined in the support article Recovering Data From Previous Form Versions.

Ok thanks! But do you know why export in xls does not work when I select “include all data from X versions” and works when I do not select this option?

Could you share with me the following through a private message so that we could have a closer look at it:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Seems like you once used select_multiple_from_file question type in this survey project.

You then edited and removed them. But as you had once used them in your survey project the same has caused you this error. To avoid this error message, you could have created a new survey project instead of updating the same from the existing one that uses select_multiple_from_file or select_one_from_file question type.

As a workaround kindly please be informed that you could download your data in XLS (legacy) format:

1 Like

Thank you so much for fixing the issue:-)

2 Likes