Error : "image not found" photos are not uploaded to koboaccount from submissions

Hello,

While doing training to colleagues, they fill a project with ODK Collect on their smartphones with 1 photo and 1 signature, and send the data to a Kobotoolbox account.

For the first time, the photo didn’t upload today to the koboaccount and we received an error message for each photo : “image not found”.

Can someone give us an idea where the problem is coming from or how to fix this ?

Thank beforehand for any help.

Attached is the screen capture.

Hi @calasj_eva,

I too saw the same message (Image not found) under the DATA>Gallary. The error message that i saw is as follows (but luckily i could see my signature under the error message):
However, when i tried to download the data from DATA>Downloads>Download Data>Select Export Type>Media Attachments (ZIP), I was able to see both the photo as well as the signature that I had taken from my KoBoCollect mobile app as well as ODK Collect. The image below might be of help for you.

Hi @Kal_Lam
Absolutely the same for us : Yes , with the zip exports we’ve got the media files.

But, honestly, the problem remain : we can’t see the photos and signatures from the DATA>Gallery.
We try to raise interest to staff with the kobotoolbox platform and the possibility to follow informations & photos directly from the platform (without to have to systematicaly import the media files with a zip).

It was perfectly working so far, and is not displaying them anymore.

We were just wondering why and if there was a way to fix this?

Hi all,

I have been experiencing the same issue on multiple accounts for over a week now. I also raised the issue with the KoBo staff through the built-in chat box, but their responses have yet to show an understanding of the issue.

Hi @gemswbg @calasj_eva

I have come to know that the developers are working to solve the issue.

This should be fixed now. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes