Error: Import Failed!

Good Afternoon,

Please i need your help… I’ am trying to upload and xls file to KoboToolbox and it gives the following error.

Import Failed!
Name: test 3.xlsx
ValueError: There are duplicates in the name column

The xls file is correct! I never had any problems in uploding xls files. I also downloaded a deployed xls form in order to be sure 100% that the file is correct. The problem started 08.11.2021 in the evening. The same above error is produced with all my forms. Other user have the same problem!

Kind regards and thanks,
Leone Ferrari

Welcome to the community, @leone.ferrari! Maybe you will need to validate your xlsform through this online validator to identify the duplicates within your xlsform.

Dear @Kal_Lam,
when uploading the xlsform in the online validator it produces the following error:
Error: There are more than one survey elements named ‘harvest’ (case-insensitive) in the section named ‘data’.
Here the:

test 3.xlsx (16.5 KB)

@leone.ferrari, I could see that the variable name harvest has been used 2 times within the survey sheet.

You can only have the variable name once within the survey sheet. Rename the variable name to harvest1 and harvest2 or provide a similar name and that should solve your issue.

@Kal_Lam, I have the same error when I try to upload a form in kobo. However, in my case I could not detect any duplicate in the name column. Also, the forms that I tried to upload were already imported to Kobo and did not have many changes.

Hi @Kal_Lam,
thanks but it doesn’t solve the problem: I have the same file with no duplicates in the column name in “survey” and “choices”, and I still can’t import the file.
It must be something in the system: how is possible that ALL my xlsforms. that I previously deployed are not working since Monday evening (the forms have duplicates in the column name but this as never been a problem!)?. The same for other colleagues. Thanks a lot!

Dear Kal:

I validated with the online validator and not errors appear, I not have any duplicate column names…
I still have the problem, please help me.

I things these is a problem with kobo because this error appear even if i take a survey previously deployed and download and upload without any change and the errors repeat.

The problem started 09.11.2021. The same above error is produced with all my forms.
I used kobotoolbox for Researchers, Aid Workers& Everyone Else server.

Hi @mservellon, @leone.ferrari, @ricardonfc a fix has been deployed to address this. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

Thank you for your support

1 Like

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!!!

2 Likes

Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Hello @Josh. Many thanks for your help.

I’m also experiencing similar error while trying to update an already deployed form. What would you suggest I do please?

Hello!
I have the same error as people in this thread: Error: Import Failed!. ODK XLS form online validator does not show any errors, and all forms, even those that worked before and were uploaded successfully to KOBO in the past, can no longer be downloaded to KOBO. The error name Error: Import Failed!

@Vizavi, checking back to see if this issue has been resolved.