Error in report in French language

Description

If I change the language in the main settings on the KoBo Account the reports in the data tab show different answers for this::

TYPE: “SELECT_ONE”. 7 out of 8 respondents answered this question. (1 were without data.)

versus

TYPE: “SELECT_ONE”. # 1 sur # 2 répondants ont répondu à cette question.(1 étaient sans données.)

This is for a follow up question about age where we initially asked for consent and 7 persons did agree to participate and one did not.

Expected behavior

It should be the same in English and French.

Actual behavior

It is not the same in English and French.

Welcome to the community @titeuf_community,

Does the results change too? Does it show 2 responses in french translation?

I’m asking this to understand whether problem is about translation or something in the system.

Best,

1 Like

Hello @titeuf_community,

• Did you change your form (esp. around this questions and choices) during data collection?
  • What do you see in the table view? XML // Labels. EN // FR
  • What do you get on data download? With last and with all versions)? With XML and with Label options (EN // FR)?

Probably you find similar problems in table and/or download. So, it is NOT a (special) Report problem.

1 Like

no the results do not change. in the report view the tables and graphs are still exactly the same. I added a few more submissions, now the difference is:

TYPE: “SELECT_ONE”. 7 out of 13 respondents answered this question. (6 were without data.)

vs

TYPE: “SELECT_ONE”. # 1 sur # 2 répondants ont répondu à cette question.(6 étaient sans données.)

The number “without data” seems to be correct but not the other one

I guess I changed the form. But I just tried it again and uploaded a new form and submitted 4 forms. English is correct, the French one still wrong:

TYPE: “SELECT_ONE”. 2 out of 4 respondents answered this question. (2 were without data.)

vs

TYPE: “SELECT_ONE”. # 1 sur # 2 répondants ont répondu à cette question.(2 étaient sans données.)

for the table view everything is correct for French and English

Thank you @titeuf_community,

Yeah, that brings light to the issue.

It seems there is a problem with translation of tags in French translation.

1 Like