Error Message about Deployment Data

I am getting this error message (Import Failed! Name: $case_report_form.xlsx DeploymentDataException: Cannot alter _deployment_data directly) when I try to upload my XLS to the server. I am currently on the field and I would be grateful if I could get your help soonest.

Same. Came here to create this exact post.

@tosynwilliams , any update on your side? On my side, all stayed the same.

@luisrodx, still the same on my side. I am currently running a project and this is quite critical to my work

@luisrodx, I tried again a few minutes ago to confirm if the challenge still existed and I discovered that the challenge had been resolved. So, I would suggest that you check through to see if the challenge is still pending at your end.

So, although it worked for a form yesterday, the problem still persisted with another form. So, @Kal_Lam, please can this be looked into properly?

I believe this is the issue he is encountering cos I had the same issue too. I have switched between networks and used a more accurate connection and I am still encountering this error.

I’m also experiencing similar challenge. Can someone please provide support on this?

@tosynwilliams, @luisrodx, could you also let us know the server you are using? On a side note, have you validated your XLSForm through this online validator? The online validator should help you identify syntax issues (if any are present).

@Kal_Lam, I am using the European Union Server, the one that has the URL https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/. Also, I have tried the online validator and there isn’t any syntax error. I was trying to make this edits via the form builder present within the Kobo interface.

For me, it worked today. I am using the global server. It wasn’t syntax issues for me either.

Thanks.

I am having a similar issue and I get this message: Import Failed! DeploymentDataException: Cannot alter _deployment_data directly

I can confirm that the XLSForm has been validated through the online validator.

Grateful for any help on this!

There is something I have discovered @luisrodx. This error comes up whenever I archive the form and unarchive it again, then I try to upload an update to the form. This is why I think the reason it is speaking about the deployment data. So, the challenge is archiving and unarchiving for me. @Kal_Lam, can we check through this aspect?

Hi @tosynwilliams . Somehow I only read this comment now, and I think your observation is on point. Thanks.

For me this was fixed for a while, but now it is happening again. Basically, it means that for me archiving surveys can be very dangerous, and I have the need to archive them and then unarchive them since there are parts of the year where I don’t want to have them available.

Can you confirm if it happens to you too?

That’s very correct. It happens to me and I don’t archive my forms anymore

Thanks @tosynwilliams.

@Kal_Lam , any chance there are plans to review this issue? It definitely seems like a bug. Thanks.