Error message: Seed value must be a number or a reference to another field

Thank you Stephane, for your offer to help. Hopefully I could solve that problem right now. I deleted all the survey and rebuilt it again, so the issue disappeared. Bit now I have another issue with another survey. If you can help in it, I will greatly thankful.
After I finished this survey lastly, when I try to make preview, it does not open the preview window at all and I get the following message:
“seed value must be a number or a reference to another field.”
Though all seed’s spaces of all the questions is empty as default. Do you have an idea about the issue?

Thank you again for offering help
Regards
Fadhel

Hi @Fadhel,

Would you mind having a look at the discussions that has happened earlier. It should solve your issue:

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

2 Likes

Thank you so much, the post is really helpful. Just one more question, so sorry for all this trouble. You mentioned "

I couldn’t find the feature of turning it off. where can I turn it off please?
Please note that all seeds spaces in my survey are empty, I did not put any number on, Also “randomize” feature is not activated at all.

Hi @Fadhel,

The best and easy way to check it would be by downloading your xlsform and checking them manually.

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

2 Likes

Thank you a lot

2 Likes

I am having the same issues. So do i check on Randomise? and How do I turn off seed?

Gettinf this messag e
“detail”:“seed value must be a number or a reference to another field.”

Welcome to the community @research_seher! Please follow the instructions as outlined in the post discussed previously:

I see same issues above but no clear answer. I, too, am getting the error ““seed value must be a number or a reference to another field.”” when I try to preview the form.

I would love to be able to solve this myself–versus sharing a form (xlsform) any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Z