Error message seen when trying to upload an xlsform

Dears,

I have a problem in developing a questionnaire. there are questions that does not appear, and when i tried to deploy the project, the following message reaches me.

your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

ODK Validate Errors: >> XForm is invalid. See above for the errors. : Encountered a problem with display condition for node [${today}] at line: The enumerator won’t see this question. The date of today is automatically recorded by Kobo, Couldn’t understand the expression starting at this point: The͎enumerator won’… The following files failed validation: ${tmpf8jh0tx0} Result: Invalid

It’s always good to validate your xlsform with this online validator. This online validator should help you identify syntax issues present within your xlsform.

Already used dear, the following message was appeared

Error: ODK Validate Errors:

XForm is invalid. See above for the errors.
: Encountered a problem with display condition for node [${today}] at line: The enumerator won’t see this question. The date of today is automatically recorded by Kobo, Couldn’t understand the expression starting at this point: The͎enumerator won’…

The following files failed validation:
${A} Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xml

Result: Invalid

Feel free to share it with the community. The community should be able to help you out.

Here is the file… if you can help me please.

A Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xls (197 KB)

Since, you have a variable named today at B8 in your xlsform, you are not allowed to use this int((today() - ${child_birthdate}) div 30.44) in K95. You will have to use it as int((${today} - ${child_birthdate}) div 30.44).

Dear, i was already inserting this condition but was not working well. the problem is that when i am trying to upload the XLS form, i don’t know why certain questions and skip logic don’t work… can you help me in this regard please. just to know why is this happening and how to run the questionnaire well. in fact it is the first time for me to face such challenges in a form. here is the form attached. i would appreciate your help

A Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xls (196.5 KB) t

@mohammedrezeq, would first advise you to try out the online validator to see if there are any syntax issues.

Hi, greetings. I’m quick new in here, but permit me to share a little. I have seen this error twice. This error occurs when in the choices tab you have provided labels for names or values under the same field or variable but omitted labels for other values in the same field or variable. For example: supposed that your field or variable was community while values (called name here) for the variable are TEMA labelled TEMA and the other value NAKA label omitted, would cause this error… One variable CANNOT have many data types at the same time. While label make those values with labels string the other values without labels remain, say, int, float, or other types.
In general, Do not provide labels for some values or names and omit label for other values of the same variable… This happened to me when I created an xlsform for widows in my local government area and was attempting to upload and deploy, just to have a credible database in case someone wants to intervene in this area.
Good luck!

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @Ferdinand! Thank you for providing this wonderful explanation you had experienced previously. It should be very helpful to users having similar issues.

Thank you Sir

1 Like

Dear,

I tried the validator. this message has appeared

: Encountered a problem with display condition for node [${today}] at line: The enumerator won’t see this question. The date of today is automatically recorded by Kobo, Couldn’t understand the expression starting at this point: The͎enumerator won’…

${A} Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xml

And when i am trying to view the questionnaire. the following message has appeared.

Error occured during the loading of this form. It is recommended not to use this form for data entry until this is resolved.

Please contact support@kobotoolbox.org%20%3E%200%2C%20message%3A%20The%20expression%20is%20not%20a%20legal%20expression.%20(line%3A%20undefined%2C%20character%3A%20undefined)) with the link to this page and the error message below:

• FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: ${confirmed_number_0_23m) > 0, message: The expression is not a legal expression. (line: undefined, character: undefined)

@mohammedrezeq, search this expression ${confirmed_number_0_23m) > 0 under the survey tab to see how it’s been used.

This name is used for a calculation… you can see in the pre-uploaded excel

I tried to use Validator again… Can you just help me to understand what does this message mean?
Another question: Can we make a question skip logic based on a calculation question?

: Invalid calculate for the bind attached to “${Tot_special_needs}” : Couldn’t understand the expression starting at this point: …_phys_disab +͎{Number_ment_di… in expression ${Number_phys_disab} + {Number_ment_disab} + ${Number_impaired} + ${Number_chronicill} + ${Number_unaccompanied} + ${Number_plw}

${AB} Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xml

@mohammedrezeq, could you re-share the final xlsform that you have been working with?

This is the file … wish you can help me knowing where is the wrong and deploy it

AB Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xls (196 KB)

Any Recommendation dear?

Dear,
i have made some amendment to fix the error… but still facing these errors that i donot understand…

ODK Validate Errors: >> XForm is invalid. See above for the errors. : Cycle detected in form’s relevant and calculation logic! The following nodes are likely involved in the loop: ${Number_ment_disab} ${Tot_special_needs} The following files failed validation: ${tmprifniju4} Result: Invalid

: Cycle detected in form’s relevant and calculation logic!
The following nodes are likely involved in the loop:
${Number_unaccompanied}
${Tot_special_needs}

${ABC} Baseline-midline_endline_shared03 -.xml

Please give me an explanation to can solve it.
@stephanealoo , Are you available please?