Error Message: Unable to Deploy Form

Hello,

I have been trying to deploy my data collection form but keep getting the same error message: “unable to deploy form”.

I attached my xls form below. When I checked for errors in the form, using this link ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x, I had no trouble previewing the form and there were no errors in its appearance or function.

Welcome to the community, @kstarkweather8! I could see that your list_name that has been named as name under the choices tab has 2703 choices. There are two options to handle this scenario:

• The first is to have a fewer-choice list. Maybe club the choices to minimize the number.
  • The second option is to list the choices in an external CSV file.

Maybe this support article should help you handle the external CSV files:

Thank you, @Kal_Lam ! I opted for the second choice because I cannot make my choice list shorter. However, now I’ve encountered another error. I can deploy the form(!!!), but when I open it, get the following message:
Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 11.03.06 AM

@Kal_Lam When I attempt to edit the form manually, I get this error message:

I am trying to deploy a form that uses a select_one_from_file function several times because my choice list is very long. I am able to deploy the form, but when I try to open it, I get an error message:
Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 11.03.06 AM

Form is here:

Choice list here:

Yes, this is a known issue. So once you upload your XLSForm to the server, do not try editing the same in the formbuilder. If you have to make any edits, download the form as XLSForm and then make edits as needed.

@kstarkweather8, try keeping the relevant part of the form (with select_one_from_file question type) and make a simple test to see if that works instead of testing it from the entire XLSForm. Note: If that passes, try validating your XLSForm through the online validator to see if any other syntax issues affect the loading.

@kstarkweather8, kindly please be informed that the formbuilder now supports the select_one_from_file and the select_multiple_from_file question type. Hence, you should no longer see the error message for these question types.

For more details, please feel free to see our announcement here: