Error on editing submitted form due to calculations and nodes

hello team i have been having this error with my form that am trying to edit the submitted data and am really stack. can someone assist please. See the error below

• FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: position( /model/instance[1]/aSy3MAiRLUXqjM6KA5BdLR/gSURVEY/gWATERCOL/WATERCALCS/gHHWLOOP ), message: nodeset provided to position() contained multiple nodes

Welcome to the community, @MARK_EKITELA! Have you validated your xlsform through this online validator? It should help you identify syntax issues that are present which should be affecting your survey form. Feel free to share your xlsform with the community if you are not able to identify the issue.

ok. let me share the form

my problem still persists

@MARK_EKITELA, feel free to share your xlsform with the community.

ok sir. The data had already been submitted. I just needed to edit it but I couldn’t. Can I post a screen shot please. Thank you

@MARK_EKITELA, maybe it would be easy for us to troubleshoot your xlsform to see if there are any issues within your xlsform. Would you mind sharing the same with the community?

aSy3MAiRLUXqjM6KA5BdLR (3).xlsx (40.6 KB)

1 Like

@MARK_EKITELA, looking at your xlsform I see that you have used some expressions under the relevant column i.e. 1=2 which is not supported by the xlsform:

Fix these issues and validate them with the online validator again to see if there are any issues. Doing so, you should not see the loading issue anymore.

if I corrected this issue in the xls form and replace the online form, won’t I lose the data?

It shouldn’t. But as a safety measure i would upload it as a new project say version 2 and then continue it. Finally after the completion of the survey, I would merge the dataset together.

The data is about 2923 submissions

As said it would not affect your existing data, but as a safety measure i would upload a new project and start the survey. But the choice always stays with the user who created and is managing the project.

I have edited the questionnaire but the error below still persists.
Someone help me please. I’m stuck

• FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: position( /model/instance[1]/aSy3MAiRLUXqjM6KA5BdLR/gSURVEY/gWATERCOL/WATERCALCS/gHHWLOOP ), message: nodeset provided to position() contained multiple nodes

My advise would be that you give a closer look to your xlsform. If you are still not able to figure out the issue, please feel free to share your xlsform with the community. But please note that you give a try at your end first.