Error related to groups and multiseletion questions

Please your urgent help. I have designed a form using kobotoolbox. the form works perfectly as the web version, but it generates an error in case of the android platform: the error message is: only questions and regular groups are allowed in ‘field-list’. noted that I can’t delete the groups becouse many conditionions are built based on the groups. Please, any solution can keep the design as it.error + group.xlsx (24.0 KB)

Updated, adding the the xls file and the screenshot for the error

Hi @hnowirah.bfd,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing your xlsform with the community so that the community would be able to help you out.

Have a great day!

any suggestion to be able to upload the file. once i tried, I got that the new users can’t upload files

Hi @hnowirah.bfd,

Would you mind trying it now? You should be able to share your xlsform with the community! Also please share the screenshot of the issue you see in KoBoCollect android app with that the community. This would help the community to better understand the issue.

Have a great day!

successfully added

Hi @hnowirah.bfd,

Would you mind sharing with us some additional information:

• Which version of the KoBoCollect android app do you use?
  • Which question is it that you are having issue so that the community could directly focus on the same? (This is because there are certain members in the community who might not have knowledge on the language you share with the community)

Have a great day!

Hi @hnowirah.bfd,

This issue happens when you have a repeat group within a group that using “field-list” as an appearance setting. Kindly see the screenshots from your form.

So you have to remove “field-list” setting from rows 58, 109,
125, 139, 160, 182, 201, 223, 237, 254. If so, your form should work perfectly.
error + group (1).xlsx (32.9 KB)
Let me know if you need any support.
Best,

Yasser

2 Likes

Hi @Ysr3322,

Thank you for supporting @hnowirah.bfd and the entire community with the issue! Expecting the same in the upcoming days as well.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you,

your solution works well,

2 Likes

@Kal_Lam hello dear,
I am having the same issue while using ‘field-list’ in a group with repeat ! is it solved in another way? or its still impossible to use field-list with repeat?
thanks in advance