Error rendering submission message

HI,
I’ve set Languages: It (it) in Kobo Toolbox, but the upload message is rendered with a problem with accented characters

Form name 1 è stato caricato con successo

instead

Form name - 1 è stato caricato con successo

it’s a little bit frustrating…
Is there a way to customize messages?
Thanks.

Welcome to the community, @lorenzo_perone! Sorry to inform you that the system message is not customizable. However, you could contribute to our translation by becoming a volunteer to help translate the system messages. Your contribution there could benefit many other users having similar issues.

For more details, please feel free to go through this post:

Welcome to the community, @lorenzo_perone! Sorry to inform you that the system message is not customizable. Maybe you could contribute to our translation b. Your contribution there could benefit many other users having similar issues.

Let us know if you are interested in supporting KoboToolbox.

Thank you @kal_lam, it doesn’t seem to be a problem of translation, but of handling accented characters.

In the message I have “Form name 1 è stato caricato con successo”, that is almost the correct Italian message, but it should have been “Form name 1 è stato caricato con successo”.

The problem is the accented character “è”, that is rendered as HTML code: “è” is “è” as “>” is “>”.

I think that KoBoToolbox should render not the HTML code, but strictly the “è”.

Thank you again

1 Like

Thank you for providing more details on this @lorenzo_perone! We will have a look at this!

Hi @lorenzo_perone, thank you for flagging this problem — I’ll create an issue for Enketo on Github :+1: You can track the issue here:

2 Likes

Hi @Josh,
I saw that Enketo fixed the bug, how long will it take to see the effects on your platform?
Thank you.
Lorenzo