Error : Survey Publishing Failed: Form with this id or SMS-Keyword already exists.

HI,

I am trying to import existing data, created using other software, onto kobotoolbox. I have created a form in Kobo and edited the existing data file so the columns and answers are the same. And they are pretty much matching, but I get the Error : Survey Publishing Failed: Form with this id or SMS-Keyword already exists.

What is the cause for this?

Also, some information is not included in the existing data, for instance uuid, start and end date, as well as the format of some questions being different (in multiple choice kobo adds a column with the actual answer - disability_hiv / hiv - whereas the previous software did not - only had TRUE/FALSE responses under each column/option). Will kobo accept the import of certain blank parameters?

I have attached the file I am trying to upload. The first line of data has been generated with kobocollect, and the second is a sample of the existing data.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Martin

kobo upload test.xlsx (28.4 KB)

Hi Martin,

I’m not quite sure if you’re trying to import data to KoBo that was collected somewhere else, or if you’re trying to upload an existing form from an XLSForm? Which software are you trying to import from?

The best way to move data between different KoBo accounts or other platforms (ODK Aggregate, Formhub, etc) using ODK Briefcase. We don’t fully support or document that feature yet as there have been issues with it for some users, but that would be the right approach.

Importing existing XLSForms into KoBo is easy, but it doesn’t sound like that’s where your issue lies.

When you deploy a form as a new survey project it can’t use the same ID of a project that already exists (e.g. there can’t be two projects named ‘household_survey’).

Hope this helps!

Tino

···

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Martín Vieira Dieste mvieir...@gmail.com wrote:

HI,

I am trying to import existing data, created using other software, onto kobotoolbox. I have created a form in Kobo and edited the existing data file so the columns and answers are the same. And they are pretty much matching, but I get the Error : Survey Publishing Failed: Form with this id or SMS-Keyword already exists.

Also, some information is not included in the existing data, for instance uuid, start and end date, as well as the format of some questions being different (in multiple choice kobo adds a column with the actual answer - disability_hiv / hiv - whereas the previous software did not - only had TRUE/FALSE responses under each column/option). Will kobo accept the import of certain blank parameters?

I have attached the file I am trying to upload. The first line of data has been generated with kobocollect, and the second is a sample of the existing data.

Martin

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Tino Kreutzer

Program Manager KoBoToolbox

Tel +1 617 372 7051 | Skype tinokreutzer
tino.k...@kobotoolbox.org

Hi Tino,

thanks for the reply. Sorry I was not clear, i was a little confused. I was trying to import existing data collected with another software (formatted the same way as the Kobo form I created). It is an xlsx form created using Magpi (magpi.com).

I have not found that it is possible to import existing data that has already been aggregated. Or would it be possible to do so from the backend?

thanks again for your support!

···

El viernes, 23 de enero de 2015, 13:15:54 (UTC+3), Tino Kreutzer escribió:

Hi Martin,

I’m not quite sure if you’re trying to import data to KoBo that was collected somewhere else, or if you’re trying to upload an existing form from an XLSForm? Which software are you trying to import from?

The best way to move data between different KoBo accounts or other platforms (ODK Aggregate, Formhub, etc) using ODK Briefcase. We don’t fully support or document that feature yet as there have been issues with it for some users, but that would be the right approach.

Importing existing XLSForms into KoBo is easy, but it doesn’t sound like that’s where your issue lies.

When you deploy a form as a new survey project it can’t use the same ID of a project that already exists (e.g. there can’t be two projects named ‘household_survey’).

Hope this helps!

Tino

Tino Kreutzer

Program Manager KoBoToolbox

Tel +1 617 372 7051 | Skype tinokreutzer
tino...@kobotoolbox.org

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Martín Vieira Dieste mvie...@gmail.com wrote:

HI,

Martin

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.