Export of PIctures

Hello, Maybe this is already built in, but I am having a problem with organizing exports from KoboToolbox.

Is there a way to base the name of the saved. jpeg files from forms based on the answer in the form. For example of the client number is ABC123 can the pictures be named Profile_ABC123.jpeg

We use Kobo to collect information about potential entrepreneurs and we take pictures of them, their business location and environment. However when it comes time to export this data I just get a list of random .jpeg files in a zip.

Is it possible to group pictures in folders per form entry or to name pictures using some kind of formula?

I need it exported in an organized way because we need to reupload the information into Google Sheets, Salesforce and Dropbox.

Hi Johnny,
I can’t think of a direct way to do this. The file name is created by your camera on the device and then passed over to Collect or Enketo which just forward the file with the submission. If the file should be named in a particular way I’d recommend looking for an Android camera app that allows naming files and then making that the default camera app.

Best,

Tino

···

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM Johnny Knox knoxj...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello, Maybe this is already built in, but I am having a problem with organizing exports from KoboToolbox.

Is there a way to base the name of the saved. jpeg files from forms based on the answer in the form. For example of the client number is ABC123 can the pictures be named Profile_ABC123.jpeg

We use Kobo to collect information about potential entrepreneurs and we take pictures of them, their business location and environment. However when it comes time to export this data I just get a list of random .jpeg files in a zip.

Is it possible to group pictures in folders per form entry or to name pictures using some kind of formula?

I need it exported in an organized way because we need to reupload the information into Google Sheets, Salesforce and Dropbox.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks so much, is there anyway to group each survey answer into a separate folder? Currently when we download the .zip all 50 pictures are in one folder even though 3-4 pictures go with each survey response.

···

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 8:21:31 AM UTC+7, Tino Kreutzer wrote:

Hi Johnny,
I can’t think of a direct way to do this. The file name is created by your camera on the device and then passed over to Collect or Enketo which just forward the file with the submission. If the file should be named in a particular way I’d recommend looking for an Android camera app that allows naming files and then making that the default camera app.

Best,

Tino

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM Johnny Knox knox...@gmail.com wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo...@googlegroups.com.

Hi Johnny,

This is outside of the KoBoToolbox scope. I’m sure there’s a way to do that somehow using a bash/cmd script on your computer, but it’s not something within the KoBo scope unfortunately.

Best,

Tino

···

On Aug 5, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Johnny Knox knoxj...@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks so much, is there anyway to group each survey answer into a separate folder? Currently when we download the .zip all 50 pictures are in one folder even though 3-4 pictures go with each survey response.

On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 8:21:31 AM UTC+7, Tino Kreutzer wrote:

Hi Johnny,

Best,

Tino

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 4:21 AM Johnny Knox knox...@gmail.com wrote:

To post to this group, send email to kobo...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Hi there,

I did something like this before but would definitely suggest first trying on a copy of the picture folder. I used Excel to create a concatenated name (making it unique) in a new column for each row and then I looked up a way to bulk change image names in a folder through DOS prompt on google. Only issue is that you have to make sure that all the file names are unique otherwise part way through it will say there’s some files with the same name.

Thanks,

···

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:21:36 AM UTC+1, Johnny Knox wrote:

Wow, this seems awesome, but I have no idea where to start with this, do you have any links for where I could further learn about this process? I’m on a mac, so I don’t have access to mac.

···

On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 2:47:32 PM UTC+6:30, Brett Collins wrote:

Hi there,

I did something like this before but would definitely suggest first trying on a copy of the picture folder. I used Excel to create a concatenated name (making it unique) in a new column for each row and then I looked up a way to bulk change image names in a folder through DOS prompt on google. Only issue is that you have to make sure that all the file names are unique otherwise part way through it will say there’s some files with the same name.

Thanks,

On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:21:36 AM UTC+1, Johnny Knox wrote:

***i don’t have access to DOS…