External selects not working

Hello all, Can anyone support with the pull function. It was working a few days ago and now it’s giving an error saying the settlements can not be found in the external list

Welcome to the community, @emmhaze! Could you share your xlsform and your CSV file with the community? The community should be able to help you solve your issue.

Hello Kal_Lam, thanks for responding. I tried uploading the tool and csv but got the notification that I can’t upload an attachment as I am a new user.
Is there a way around or I’m not doing it correctly?

Hello Kal_Lam, thanks for responding. I tried uploading the tool and csv but got the notification that I can’t upload an attachment as I am a new user.
Is there a way around or I’m not doing it correctly

@emmhaze, please refresh your page, and then you should be able to upload files to the community.

Here is the sample of the xlsformkobo.xlsx (88.3 KB)

and itemset itemsets.csv (942.7 KB)

@emmhaze, I see you trying to use the select_one_external. Would you mind going through our other post which outlines how it should be designed (to get working with KoBoToolbox):

Hello @Kal_Lam
Thanks for the post you referred me to, I went through it and adapted my tool. I don’t get the external error anymore, the xlsform uploads on Enketo without error but on kobo I get the server 500 error

Here is the xlsx tooladmin_2_Error.xlsx (1.0 MB)

The error message

@emmhaze, could you reduce the choices of your external_choices keeping only the unique ones as shown in the post shared previously?

@Kal_Lam thanks for the effort, I went with the solution from the post you referred to where I created an extra sheet called “external_choices” then input the first row called the list_name. This allowed my form to deploy and was able to add the itemsets from the media.

Thanks

1 Like