Failed to execute 'insertAdjacentHTML' on 'Element': The provided markup is invalid XML, and therefore cannot be inserted into an XML document

Hi All.

I received this error across all of my forms on my account, which previously worked fine:

Error occurred during the loading of this form. We do not recommend you use this form for data entry until this is resolved.

Please contact support@kobotoolbox.org with the link to this page and the error message below:

Failed to execute ‘insertAdjacentHTML’ on ‘Element’: The provided markup is invalid XML, and therefore cannot be inserted into an XML document.

Kobo Suppprt suggested I post on the community group for assistance.

Welcome to the community, @michaelyshih! Have you validated your XLSForm through this online validator?

Hi @Kal_Lam,

I have put in one of the forms to validate and issues do pop up. However, it’s important to note that all of these forms have been running on Kobo for the past two years with no issue. Now I cannot access webforms for all of my tools or see historical submission data across all of the tools.

Can you advise?

Hi, any update on this? A respondent is getting the same message on a survey that’s worked fine so far.

@Kal_Lam I have this exact same issue across all my forms when trying to open on a laptop. Work fine when opening on a smartphone. Some forms have been utilized for multiple years without issues. Must be a systemwide issue of some sort. Please advise on the way forward and how issue is being addressed. Thank you.

I have the same issue

I got this message when using Chrome. Switched to Firfefox - no problem

1 Like

Also, on Chrome I removed some plugins and extensions - and lo and behold this error message vanished

1 Like