Failed to load form error

Hello, We’ve been facing this error for the past 3 days now. The deployed form takes a long time to load and we see the following message (screenshot attached below): "Failed to load form’. Our form has no errors. And strangely, after around 30-40 minutes the form does load and we are able to view it. Can you please help out with what is causing this issue?

Hi @nidhi_h welcome back!

• Could you access your form 3-4 days ago?
  • Is this a new form or an existing one?
  • How many questions are in your form?
  • What type of questions are in your form?
  • Do you use any type of pull-data function?
  • Do you have media type questions?
1 Like

Hello @hakan_cetinkaya thanks for your prompt response.

• Could you access your form 3-4 days ago?
  1. Yes, we have been able to access the form eventually but once deployed it takes a good 15-20 minutes for it to load. Until then, the message ‘Loading error: Failed to load form’ keeps appearing. This is the case while trying to open the link on the phone and laptop likewise. Also, we have tested with over 5-10 users with everyone facing the lag in loading. Once loaded though, it works fine.
  • Is this a new form or an existing one?
  1. We had to revise our survey a couple of times. The current one is a freshly deployed form (new link) with the same problem.
  • How many questions are in your form?
  1. There are 30 questions.
  • What type of questions are in your form?
  1. We have integer and select-one type of questions with two notes.
  • Do you use any type of pull-data function?
  1. No, we do not have any pull-data function (i.e., no external table in .csv form from where data is sourced)
  • Do you have media type questions?
  1. No, media type questions i.e., no question wherein respondents have to submit a media file. But we do have two images attached as part of the survey- one image is 25 KB and the other 90 KB in size. These images are a logo of our organization and a reference image to aid our respondents to better answer the survey.

@nidhi_h,

According to your answers, I think it shouldn’t take that long, but for further investigation:

• How many answers do you have for these select-one questions?
  • Do you have any calculations?
1 Like

@hakan_cetinkaya yes, I believe so too especially since we have used Kobo for data collection from over 100,000 units too and not faced this particular issue.

• How many answers do you have for these select-one questions?
  1. We have two select-one questions: with answers yes/no for each
  • Do you have any calculations?
  1. No automatic calculations

The current form is working fine, but now if we were to make changes and re-deploy OR deploy a new form (with new link); we are encountering a lag between deployment and loading. Curious as to why this maybe happening!

Maybe @Kal_Lam might want to look at this issue, from server side.

1 Like

Thank you @hakan_cetinkaya . As an example again, a new form deployed at 15.40 PM (IST) is still not loading (it is 16.43PM (IST) now). It has taken almost an hour for the deployed form to load.

@nidhi_h, could you also let us know the browser you are using? Maybe this should also give us some clues to troubleshoot.

@Kal_Lam most of us use Google Chrome, one of us uses duck duck go

@nidhi_h, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

I am facing the same issue too, it was working perfectly without that message until this morning and I have just 22 questions. although it works well after exiting the error message, but that would put respondents off even before taking the survey, and I don’t want that. @Kal_Lam

Welcome to the community, @samshad1! Could you share a screenshot of your issue? The screenshot should help us troubleshoot. In addition please also let us know the server you are using.

@nidhi_h, I don’t see any issue. FYR:

I could load this with Chrome browser.