Form deployment errors solved by validating against online validator

Good evening dear all,
Another difficulty that I do not understand. I am trying to deploy a form but the server rejects and displays this message (image 1). I can not find the error and impossible to move forward. Could you orient me or inspect my xls file to resolve the issue? thank youForm1_PDI Retournés.xlsx (17.8 KB)

Hello,
You have form error. You can always check your xls file here first: ODK - XLSForm Online

Error: There are more than one survey elements named ‘contact_du_chef_de_m_nage_pdi’ (case-insensitive) in the section named ‘group_ru2qz15’.

As advised by @wroos, please always check your xlsform with the online validator which should give you a quick scan of any syntax issues that is within your xlsform.

I went through your xlsform and found some duplicate variable names. I renamed them. Also found that the constraint was placed in a wrong location. Fixed that and now it should load to KoBoToolbox without any issue. FYI:

Reference edited xlsform:

Form1_PDI Retournés.xlsx (18.3 KB)

1 Like

Hi @esy_cari2020
I would like to emphasize the need to run your form through the validator as mentioned by both @Kal_Lam and @wroos. The main benefit is that you do not have any time wasted on your end as you await support from the community on something that the online validator would have sorted you out. This helped me a lot when working on my forms. Just to reiterate, this does not mean that we are not able to support you if you come with the issue.

Stephane

2 Likes