From KoBo to Stata (new solution)

Hi Felix,

Thank you the information. Is there any other way I could pull the data from Kobo to Stata? I tried using ODK Briefcase, downloading csv files, but once converted to a dta file, it looks quite messy and would need a lot work to make it clearer…

Thanks in advance!

Hi @zaravalentinova
If you don’t have version 14 you may have to go through the long route of getting the data into SPSS first then converting it into Stata

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Thanks, Stephane. I had tried that but it doesn’t seem to work either…

Thanks anyways,

Best,

Could you detail your steps and the screenshots of the challenges you are seeing.

1 Like

Hello Felix,
I tried your package. I have a little issue. “invalid numlist has too many elements”. That is what is coming out. How can i solve this issue?

Hi Abikath,
please see the discussion above in this same thread on a similar issue:

Hope this helps,
Felix

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I deleted the row but the problem is still displaying. This is what is displaying:

Reading choices tab of XLSForm…
Reading survey tab of XLSForm…
invalid numlist has too many elements
r(123);

Does the survey tab of your xlsform have more than 1600 rows then?

Hello Felix,
I have been already helped using another tool.
Thanks

Hi @abikath
Do you want to share your solution?

Stephane

1 Like

Hi,
I don’t really have an idea of what he did. I just received my data already in stata. He said it will be difficult to explain without showing as he is not here actually. But what i suspect is that he export first in spss and then from spss to stata.

I faced this issue recently also. I have more than 2000 rows in choices sheet. And there are more than 600 items for one list_name.

I have replaced "foreach var in numlist 1/count’"with"forvalues var = 1/count'" in 3 places to solve this issue. Now it works without numlist error.

You can download fixed ado-file by the link

It would be nice if you could check it and make fixed version available through “ssc install”.