Gateway and Not Found errors

Hello

I am using the humanitarian version of KoBo, over on https://humanitarianresponse.info. Last 24 hours I keep getting 502 Gateway errors on the front-end, and also the following popup when trying to edit/delete published surveys. I get the same errors when using either the API with Postman or the built-in API browser.

2020-02-01 08_42_48-Nu_ _ KoboToolbox

I just now tried deploying a form, that fails too, and viewing a projects settings gives a 404 on some of the content.

I am a new user here, so was only allowed one image. I’m happy to share the project or send images via email.

Hi @tomgr,

Are you still facing the issue. If yes could you mind provide us your KoBoToolbox user name and the project name in a private message so that we could have a look at our end.

Have a great day!

Thank you for the quick reply! I’ve sent a private message to you.

A good day to you too, Kal_Lam!

1 Like

Hi @tomgr,

I too got the same error message. Could you describe us the acts you performed (if you have tried deleting the projects using any other APIs) so that we could report it to our developers and they would dig-up the reason for the same.

Have a great day!

Yes, I will replicate the exact steps later today.

1 Like

@Kal_Lam Just now even the front page gives me 502 Bad Gateway. Check the logs and you’ll see something’s going on :slight_smile:
2020-02-03 22_36_14-502 Bad Gateway

Hi @tomgr,

Kindly please be informed that your problem has been solved and you should not see the error message of Unable to delete asset any more or even 502 Bad Gateway any more!

Have a great day!

Thank you! Care to elaborate on the root cause? Is there a ticket/bug report somewhere that I can read?

Hi @tomgr

There is no ticket for this issue, but here is a brief description -

During the last deployment, the dev team made a temporary reduction to the minimum number of servers that we run for OCHA (they are automatically started and stopped according to load) but neglected to reset it after we were done. It’s been corrected now.

1 Like

Thank you @mike.destaubin! I however still get the 404 error when trying to delete forms that I published via the API. Is this a separate issue? I guess so, as it affects also the instance running on kobotoolbox.org. I submitted a report with steps to reproduce the error to @Kal_Lam yesterday. Let me know of you need anything more, I’m happy to help.

When I edit my form error message 502 bad gateway pop up, what is the problem and how can i resolve this problem

Hi @exaud1993,

Would you mind providing us your username, project name so that we could have a closer look at you issue. You could provide the same in a private message!

Have a great day!

sorry I am not well familiarize with this forum, how could I provide message privately

Private Message: https://community.kobotoolbox.org/t/gateway-and-not-found-errors/9385