Grouping issues

Dear Guys im trying to use repeat groups repeat main group and subgroup giving error can someone help me i cant attach my sheet also here

Welcome to the community, @ahmaddiab! Have you gone through our support article Grouping Questions and Repeating Groups? It should help you understand how to create a repeat group with KoBoToolbox.

please how can i share my sheet you may help me with corrections

@ahmaddiab, would you also mind validating your xlsform with this online validator? The online validator should be able to identify syntax issues that are present within your xlsform.

the form working perfectly on validator , but the issue is when im using the kobocollect tool error
(Repeats in ‘field-list’ groups are not supported. please update the form design to remove the following repeat from field list : /ajkyg2scfwdkr6nssfd5y5/building_det/group_vk9fl81/group_ma6lk01)

Test20.xlsx (19.7 KB)

The issue is in D28 in the survey tab. You have used field-list under the required column which is inappropriate. Try fixing it and that should solve your issue:

test21.xlsx (18.8 KB)

test211.xlsx (18.2 KB)

please test the form on kobocollect App not only as form builder , because its working fine on the webpage but giving errors on kobocollect App

@ahmaddiab seems like you have a nested repeat in your xlsform. Was this kept intentionally? If yes, could you check this out with the ODK Collect to see if the same works there? If not, please try making your xlsform a bit simple by removing the nested repeat to see if it works.

Note: nested repeats are generally complex, and you should use them carefully.

There is any way to link 2 forms together !, like if I want to remove them from this form and put them in another form

Could you explain this further?

What i want to do is to link two forms together for example one question would trigger a link to another forum so i would refrain from using the nested repeat.

Maybe give a try with Dynamic Data Attachment as outlined in our support article: