Having data download issues

Hi @Kal_Lam ,
Thank you.
I`m using https://kobo.humanitarianresponse.info/

@bildad2022, is the issue still on?

Hi @Kal_Lam ,
Yeah it has been running since morning and it has not finalize processing!

@bildad2022, I just made a quick check and did not have any issues downloading the data from the server. FYR:

Yeah we have two assessment 1 with 9k submission is downloading well but the other one with 501 questions and 14k submission is not downloading at the moment.
I dont know what could be the issue but last year we did the same assessment but we didnt experience any issue downloading the data

At first it started by bringing wrong time calculations for each questions in the audit file but we found a work a round it but not downloading data has stop daily data monitoring and cleaning.

@bildad2022, you could also try downloading your data in XLS (legacy) format to see how it behaves.

Hi @Kal_Lam,
I hope you are doing well,
The normal one is still processing and cant finish.
Let me try XLS(legacy), I have started running the legacy option but it shows pending, I will let you know of the outcome in 30minutes ish, incase there will be no changes.

Thank you

1 Like

@bildad2022, seems like you had no issue with the XLS (legacy) format.

Dear @Kal_Lam ,
I hope you are well,
Sorry, I did respond as promised I encountered the following:
XLS legacy was able to build the export links but the server speed was too slow, the highest speed it gets is 40kbytes/second, it takes hours to download 92MB of xls, it runs and bring network errors but my internet speed is 40MBs.
There was a small window this morning around 6:36AM when the server speed was around 4MBs and I was able to download it.
The format it download is really difficult to integrate with the past analysis.

I hope the issue on normal XLS could be resolved soon

HI @Kal_Lam,
We have found the work around the export issue,
When we remove audits and some questions from the export list we are now able to export the data though the server speed is still slow but atleast finally we have something.

Again @Kal_Lam ,
Thank you so much for always being there to provide solution to our problem.

Regards,
Bildad

1 Like

It works if you reduce the number of exports especially audits and links

2 Likes

@bildad2022, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case (to see if it’s a bug at our end):

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

hey, i am using KF server and am having the same downloading issues. pls help

Welcome to the community, @Cyro! Could you also share with us a screenshot of the same so that we understand it more pictorially?

Thanks alot Mr. Lam but i already succeeded.
I cleared all the cache and exported the page to a different browser apart from chrome, then chose XLS Legacy and it worked.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming and sharing the solution with the entire community, @Cyro! :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Am having the same issue “Processing” trying to download a file of 558 submissions.
Attached below

Am now having download - processing issue. It has been saying processing for 3 days now. pls help.
am using “kf.kobotoolbox.org

@Cyro, a screenshot of your issue please? Have you tried to download your data in XLS legacy format to see how it behaves?