Having issues with `select_one_from_file` question type in the formbuilder

Hi @Kal_Lam,

I’ve just tried to test the select one from file functionality with the files that you have provided, but unfortunately Kobo returns and error message upon uploading the XLS form.

Does anyone here have any thoughts on what could cause this?

Cheers!

image|690x276

Hi @KBorn,

Welcome to the community! Unfortunately, we are unable to see the error message you are seeing at your end. Would you mind uploading them again so that we are able to see them too.

Have a great day!

Thanks @Kal_Lam, it’s good to get involved.

Apologies for not uploading the picture properly. Still trying to wrap my head around the functionalities of this forum :grimacing:

Let me know whether it works now and what your thoughts on the issue are.

Hi @KBorn
Can I see this XLS file that you have?
Stephane

Hi @KBorn,

Kindly please be informed that this is a known issue (which should not affect your data collection). However, i have once again flagged our developers on the same! Thank you for bringing this into our attention. Will let you know when this gets fixed in the system.

Have a great day!

Thanks for looking into the issue.

@stephanealoo - I am using the exact same XLS files that @Kal_Lam posted in his answer to the original question in this thread.

@Kal_Lam - it definitely does affect the data collection. Once you save the survey, the error message disappears but if I deploy the survey and try and use it in Enketo, the question to select from the external file does unfortunately not appear.

I hope that your developers can find the reason for this issue.

Cheers.

1 Like

Hi @KBorn,

Thank you for providing the redeployment issue. Yes, i tested it at my end and could also see that the select_one_from_file question disappears when you 1) edit and save your survey form and then 2) redeploy.

Than you once again for the added information.

Have a great day!

@KBorn, kindly please be informed that the formbuilder now supports the select_one_from_file and the select_multiple_from_file question type. Hence, you should no longer see the error message for these question types.

For more details, please feel free to see our announcement here: