Hide questions in survey, but that can be edited for internal controls

Hello.

I’m trying to hide questions that are not meant to be answered by users, but rather so they can be edited by the organization team.

I have tried adding the questions as a condition, but when I try to edit the questions, they are still hidden by the logic.

Can you suggest me any solution?

Welcome to the community, @elisantos! You could do this by following our posts discussed previously:

And this one too …

Thank you for your help, @Kal_Lam :+1:

1 Like

Hi,

I wanted to do the same as elisantos, I would like to add an hidden column Reviewer comment. In the case of multiple reviewers, or if clarification is required on a record, a hidden field called “Reviewer Comment” could be added to the form. This field will not appear when completing the form but will be visible in the data table on KoboToolbox. Reviewers will therefore be able to add notes about the reasons for some of the records being held or flagged for removal.

The solution proposed in the post (hidden and disabled) does allow to add a question and the question cannot be seen in the form but I cannot edit the question afterwards to add comments on the data table in KoboToolbox. And I do not want each time to have to change the form and redeploy as we are collecting data every months and I am therefore checking monthly. Don’t want the team to have to download the new version all the time.

Thank you for your help,

Emeline

@Emeline_92, the best and easiest option would be to add a text question once the data collection is over and then redeploy the project. You could then add a review comment when reviewing the submissions. But please note that you add this text question only once the data collection is over; otherwise, you may have enumerators filling up the review questions, too.