Hiperlinking excel archives to downloaded images

Hi!
I work for the fovernment of the city of Cartagena, Colombia. For the COVID Pandemic, we are handing food to vulnerable families with children. We use Kobo as a way to reduce contact (no pen, paper, checkboard needed) and to keep track of who receives what. Therefore I need your help in a few different ways.

Firstly, I have been tryin to download the pictures but have failed to do so. This worries me, because the photo is the ultimate proof that we gave the help to the beneficiary:

I was wonderning if you could send me the files directly in some way.

Secondly, I did download some pics at the beginning and was wondering how to hiperlink them to an archive WITHOUT making the information public as explained in your tutorial. I would like to hiperlink to the DOWNLOADED archive, THe problem is that legislation does not allow me to publicly share images of kids online, the image we have is just for the purpose of proving that they received their food stamps.

I thank you very much in advance for your support.
Ana

Hi @AnaMariaGonzalez,

Have you had a chance to look at our support article Downloading photos and other media. It should help solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi Kal. The problem is that I am required to make the data base public to make sure the hyperlinks function and that is not allowed bu the type of data that I am collecting. Is there any other way to do this, or do I just have to work around this until I download it?

Thanks!

Hi @AnaMariaGonzalez,

Kindly please be informed that this is the only option that we have so far. However, also please be informed that a new feature is shortly being released (maybe soon) where you should be able to view the image through a hyperlink from DATA>Table too.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Ok, great to know. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi Kal
I have repeatedly been trying to download my pics using the Firefox app, but it has not been possible. Any tips? Any timeline on when you will be launching the new feature to see if I can wait for it?

Thanks for your response.
Ana

1 Like

Hi @AnaMariaGonzalez,

Don’t have the exact date for the release but should be happening soon. Keep an eye on the announcement.

Have a great day!

Thanks Kal…Ill keep my eyes open!

1 Like

Hi Kal? Any news on this wonderful new feature???

Hi @AnaMariaGonzalez, it looks like the feature Kal was referring to has been in production for a while (unless he was referring to something else)

based on:

Were you expecting a different feature? Were you able to eventually download the media that was failing from your original post?

1 Like