Сhoice filter with one regular option

Hey, everybody.
Please advise me if anyone has encountered this issue.
There is a list of answer choices and a filter is applied to them, but 1 value must be consistently shown in each of the choices.

For example:
Survey tab
Question: Select a country
Canada
USA
France

Question: Select City
“Choices” tab
Label | Filter
City A | Canada
City B | Canada
City C | Canada
City A | France
City B | France
City C | France
City A | USA
City B | USA
City C | USA
Enter city | “???”

It is necessary that the answer option “Enter city” is shown regardless of the selected country.

@Vlad_Dn, could you share a dummy question along with the selection steps so that the community should be able to understand it better?

@Kal_Lam Yes, of course. Here I created the file and took a screenshot to understand how necessary.
Choice filter.xlsx (11.1 KB)

Hey, everybody.
Based on the fact that I have not received any suggestions to solve this issue. I have found a solution on my own. Maybe this issue is not so interesting for other, more advanced users, but hopefully my solution will help newbies like me.
Here is the solution:

1. To solve this problem, you need to write the formula “contains(“A”,${B})” in the “survey” tab in the “choice_filter” column. Where A is the name of the filter column in the “choices” tab and B is the name of the question in the “name” column of the “survey” tab.

2. In the “choices” tab, you need to enter, in the column named A from our formula (in my case, I named the column “filter”), the names of the subgroups that are needed to filter your choices.

This is what it looks like in the questionnaire.

You may ask, “Why is this necessary?”. My answer is, “Imagine when you have a large number of answer choices and you filter them by subgroup. But you want the ‘other’ option to be displayed at all times. So you only enter the “other” option, or in my case “add city” once, instead of multiple times in each filter subgroup”.

2 Likes

@Vlad_Dn, maybe this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue: