Household roster member as option in follow up question

dear kobo team

i am preparing the form. It has the household roster and morbidity pattern. what i want is i should be able to select one particular family member and then ask the morbidity related questions to that particular member. Please help me how to achieve this.

1st question is household roster
2nd question is morbidity pattern questions

thank you

Do you mean you wish to collect the names through a roster and then use the same name as a choice in the other question? E.g. names in roster A, B, C etc. Then in the next question you will require a select_one choices from those registered in the roster for e.g. A, B, C ?

dear Kalman,
yes, i wish to collect names and then use the same names as choice in other question.

1 Like

@rohith_kumar, apparently, this feature is not supported in KoBoToolbox. However, we already have a GitHub issue for the same. Maybe you could follow this post discussed previously:

I will get back to you when we have this feature with KoBoToolbox.

@rohith_kumar, kindly be informed that the select_one from repeat feature is now available with KoBoToolbox with the upgrade of pyxform. You could design your survey project as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

select-one-from-repeats.xlsx (8.9 KB)

For more details on other new features, please feel free to go through our release note: