How do I add an image on the form to help data processors?

Hello Kobo Community,

We are working on a project to asses and monitor plagues in crops. It would be so useful for our field work to add an image to guide data processors and let them quickly recognize different plagues if they are not sure. This is, when I choose an option, e.g. Disease 1, the system shows me a related image that I’ve previously uploaded in the form. It is this possible?

Thank you!

Federico

PS: We are going to work only with KoboCollect in the field.

Hi @fedeconforti,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind having a look at our support article Adding Various Types of Media. It should help solve your issue.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello Kal, thank you for the support! Tried it recently, and it works fine. I want to ask you if it is possible to add two images or more to a single question. This is, I have a type of plague and I want to show to data processors more than one image to help them to identify it. Also, can I resize the images? Or what is the maximun size I can use?

Thanks, Federico

Hi @fedeconforti,

Maybe you could edit your image (through some applications) where you could merge 2 images into a single frame and use it as outlined below to solve your issue (of multiple images for a single question):

Image 1

Regarding your second query:

Yes, you could resize your image (within your survey project). But kindly please be informed that resizing an image depends upon the image size (say if you use a small image say 2 KB the image would be small when compared to 2 MB image size). If you use a small image size you will see a small image while if you use a larger image size you will see a larger image for your question.

Regarding the maximum size of the image, it depends! Please be informed that if you use a lot of large image sizes within your survey project it affects the loading of your survey project. Hence you should also keep in mind these aspects while designing your survey project with images.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello,
you can also link each choice option to an image. So the user will see it before selecting the choice already.

1 Like

Hi @fedeconforti
If the idea is to have the user select one of what they are seeing based on your query below?

Then I would suggest you go with the approach recommended by @wroos

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam! I really appreciate your help!

1 Like

Hello @wroos, thanks you por answering this post. I don’t have idea how to do what you recommend. Where I can pin the link in the form? Can you explain me more?.
However, one of the problems is the conectivity in the field to acces into a browser to look for some image as guide.

Thanks, Federico

1 Like

Hi @stephanealoo, thanks for answering the post. I’ve just asked to Wroos where i can pin the link in the form, because I don’t have idea how to do it.

It could be a great solution, even more if I considerate what @Kal_Lam said about the impact in the loading of the survey.

Thanks, Federico

1 Like

Hi @fedeconforti
You may have misunderstood @wroos suggestion. It does not mean adding a web link to photo on the form, but rather adding media to your response items on the form. Kindly have a look at the discussions that happened here and see if they help you.

Stephane

2 Likes