How to add users

I have just created a form as a humanitarian organisation, no problem. Now I want to make it available to staff who will fill the form, so I presume I add users? I instructed the staff to sign up to Kobo as individual researchers. When I try to add them with their username, I get the error message ‘user not found’. I realise this is probably something very simple, but I am stumped and haven’t been able to find anything online or in the forum that helps me understand how this works - I have spent ages trying, so apologies if I missed something obvious.

Hi @sanctuaryinchi
Have you confirmed that the users are on the same servers as discussed in the previous topics.

Stephane

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @sanctuaryinchi! In addition to what @stephanealoo has outlined, you could also look at our support article Managing Permissions.

Thanks Stephane, I tried but failed to find the info about servers, even following the link you included takes me round in a loop. Do you mean that people need to sign up as a humanitarian organisation rather than an individual researcher, in order to use the forms of my humanitarian organisation?

@sanctuaryinchi, if you have a project in a humanitarian server, you will be able to share that project with users who have an account only in the humanitarian server. You cannot share it with the users who have an account in the researcher server.

Similarly, if you have a project in a researcher server, you will be able to share that project with users who have an account only in the researcher server. You cannot share it with the users who have an account in the humanitarian server.

So the main thing is that, you cannot share a project from one server to another. It can be shared only within the same server.

Ah many thanks Kal, understood! :slight_smile:

1 Like