How to list selected option in a previous of multiple selections in the following questions

Hi everyone. I’m trying to build a survey form in which the options selected in the previous question(multiple choice) will appear as part of question in the following question.ICPC (mat).xlsx (40.0 KB) I have tried it for q8 and q9 in this attachment but its bringing the values of the options selected rather than the labels.

Hi
Do you mind looking at the article here which explains the process much clearly.

Hope this works for you
Stephane

1 Like

Thanks so much @stephanealoo
I have tried the method but instead of listing those options what i’m seeing in that particular place is '…" attachment of what i did can be found below. Please i need need further help

ICPC (mat).xlsx (40.1 KB)

Hi @Matolab,

Try this out! Maybe this is what you are looking for as shown in the image below:

In the survey tab of the xlsform form:

In the choices tab of the xlsform form:

Data collection screen as seen in Enketo (when it is filled wrongly): Here a user tries to enter more than 3 choices.

Data collection screen as seen in Enketo (when it is filled correctly): Here a user tries to enter less then or equal to 3 choices i.e. greater than 0 and less than or equal to 3.

Reference xlsform:

ICPC (mat).xlsx (22.1 KB)

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile: