How to make one of the fields mandatory in this question. For example if the user has answered first question then the second question is not mandatory

type name label::English hint relevant required constraint constraint_message calculation repeat_count appearance
begin group page_cov0d_a share of female workers
note note_cov0d_a cov0d. What is the number or total share of female workers currently?
intiger cov0d (%) Share of female workers (.>=0 and .<=100) or .=-99 The value has to between 0 and 100 unless it is -99. numbers
intiger cov0d1 Number of female workers numbers
end group page_cov0d_a

user must field data (0 to 100) either Q covod or covod1 , how this possible please help me .
COVID-BPS-WB-2022_test.xlsx (27.6 KB)

@dipendra, maybe you could make the required column TRUE that should solve your issue as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Dear Sir,

We want to say : How to make one of the fields mandatory in this question. For example if the user has answered first question then the second question is not mandatory.

@dipendra, maybe you could try this custom logic (discussed previously) that should fulfill your requirement:

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Here I am stuck with the almost same problem.
What I need is:

1. If the first question is answered, then the second question should be optional.
  2. If the first question is left blank, then the second question must be answered and should be able to go to the next question.
  3. Both questions should be visible to data collectors always.
  4. Data collector should not be able to advance forward without answering at least one of those two questions.

Here is the xls form.
Making one mandatory and another one optional.xlsx (8.6 KB)

many thanks in advance for your support.

@tasfik_rukan, maybe you will need to have a closer look at this workaround again to make your issue work: