How to make text answers into question options

Dear community … How to make text answers into question options.
I tried using ${Q1.4) which came out instead of the label label

Hello akoh,

Please get attached to excel. hope this solves your problems.

sample_cars.xlsx (11.7 KB)

Regards,
Dinesh Dongol

1 Like

thanks @Dnes I’ve tried but the result is the same as what I’ve tried

Hello,
Do you use ODK/KoBo Collect or Enketo?
Are the questions inside a grouping? Maybe you could send the corresponding part of your form?

1 Like

@akoh, maybe this should work out if you are using Collect android app.

Hi @wroos tahnkas for your respons. I’m using Kobo I tried with ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x

Here I attach the XL form
Medika.xlsx (19.3 KB)

@Kal_Lam. I’ve tried with Android Kobocollect, but the question can’t continue. “Unfortunately Kobocollect has stopped” notification pops up

@akoh, try this it should work.

Medika.xlsx (19.2 KB)

But please note, i have removed the filter you have provided here. With the filter on it does not work.

thanks @Kal_Lam yes it works but i have to filter it…

Dear @Kal_Lam FYI I have been using KoboToolbox for a long time, with android and web forms.
I’m trying to open an old project, which has the same question I asked earlier. I opened it again with Android KoboCollect and it didn’t matter, others’ answers can be transferred to the answer choices in the next question. (Figure 1). But when I re-uploaded the XLSForm of the old project as a new project, the result was different, KoboCollect stopped.

Perhaps there is an explanation for this.

Thank you for your attention

@akoh, please look at how your form was designed. If you look at the xlsform you shared through this post (it’s something you wish to use within a filter). When removing the filter, it worked. It should be something like that. Maybe you could also share your xlsform with the section that works (which you say worked previously and should also work now). The community could have a look at the structure on how it was created.

@Kal_Lam this is the XLSForm I used to use (using a filter) and it worked fine, and still running when I tried filling out the form again. But when I re-upload the same XLS Form as a new project it doesn’t work properly, even the KoboCollect stops.

Company Trust.xlsx (13.7 KB)

Note: The XLS form is only the related part

Please also check previous projects, here: Enketo Express for KoBo Toolbox
Note: related questions are A1 and A9

@akoh, would you mind testing this with the latest version of the Enketo to see if it works as expected?

OK I will try it. FYI I downloaded the XLS Form from my previous project, but the language has changed, if I’m not mistaken to Spanish. While I use Indonesian

Hello,
I would like suggesting to test (and preview) it also with the Online validator.

1 Like

I tried to test but I got this

@akoh, could you post this (error message) on the same testing post?