How to setup KoboCollect with Google Sheets as a server

Hello friends,
Please I need assistance on how to setup KoboCollect to use Google Sheets as a server. I was able to deploy and download xml file from the Google Drive but I could not send finalized forms (completed interview) to Google Sheets. I’ll appreciate any useful guide on how to do this.
Best regards.

Ogah

Hi @Ogah,

Welcome back to the community! Kindly please see the earlier discussions that has happened in the forum (for your reference):

Thank you @Kal_Lam .
I think my issues is slightly different or I’m still having issues on how to go about it.
Kindly find the error message as attached.
Thank you.

Hi Ogah
Could you please clarify the following:

1. Are you trying to use Google Sheets as servers i.e. hosting your entire KoBoToolBox server?
  2. Are you trying to use GoogleSheets to simply get all the data you have/are collecting on KoBoToolBox servers onto it?
  3. If none of the above, could you please clarify what is it exactly you are trying to do so that we look at it

Regards
Stephane

Thank you @stephanealoo ,
I’d like to know how to do No. 1 and 2 as you clearly indicated.
Best regards.

Ogah

Hi Ogah
In that case please see below
For 1: To the best of my knowledge you cannot set google sheets as a server so this options will definately not work.

For 2: You can definately set your data to be pushed to GoogleShests as explained in the discussions here

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

Thank you @stephanealoo and @Kal_Lam .
Let me give a try following the instructions.
Regards.

1 Like