How to Skip from a Ranking Question

Hi all,

Yet another question for the wonderful KoBoToolbox hive-mind.

I’m building a fairly simple survey, but am struggling with one issue.

I have a couple of ‘Ranking’ questions that include ‘Other’ as an Item to be ranked (i.e. if what you are looking for is not in the list of items to be ranked you can select ‘Other’).

The issue arises when trying to build in the skip(s) to a follow up ‘If other, please specify’ question. In other words, if the respondent selects ‘other’ in any of the rankings, I’d like them to automatically be asked to specify what they are referring to with a follow up ‘Text’ question.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks very much!

best,

matt

1 Like

Hi Matt,

You can build the skip logic using the manual skip logic syntax field. (We’ll have support for this using the regular skip logic builder in the future.)

Check the below example for details (here the follow up text question is only asked if the enumerator picked ‘other’ as one of the responses:

···

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Matthew Pritchard matthew.forb...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,

I have a couple of ‘Ranking’ questions that include ‘Other’ as an Item to be ranked (i.e. if what you are looking for is not in the list of items to be ranked you can select ‘Other’).

The issue arises when trying to build in the skip(s) to a follow up ‘If other, please specify’ question. In other words, if the respondent selects ‘other’ in any of the rankings, I’d like them to automatically be asked to specify what they are referring to with a follow up ‘Text’ question.

Thanks very much!

best,

matt

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi, here is an example of the project i have used the skip logic, Enketo Express for KoboToolbox

You realize that questions that are optional will not show up until a given choice from a leading question is selected, Hope that helps, for more tip get me on whatsapp on +254710401008

···

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 5:33:48 PM UTC+1, Matthew Pritchard wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks very much!

best,

matt

when I try to put skip logic based on ranking, I cannot find the parent question, and the kobo toolbox version is updated, so the response types no more like the old one