I need to update the choice list for a select_one question based on entries of a text question, from previous submissions of the same form

Hello!

I guess I have a similar problem:

I need to update the choice list for a select_one question based on entries of a text question, from previous submissions of the same form.

For illustration:
In a select_one question, the available options are: option A, option B and “none of the above”.
If the user chooses “none of the above”, there comes a text question for entering a new answer, for example, option C.
I would like that the next time the form would be used, the available options for the select_one question were: option A, option B, option C and “none of the above”.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

1 Like

@nadiacoelho, kindly please be informed that this is not possible within the system now but we do have a features request for the same.

This is nearly identical to the scenario I’m trying to create, unfortunately I’ve been unsuccessful. In my scenario the select_one question would original only have the none of the above option so users would be forced to do the text question. The next time they submit the form, they could see what they wrote in the text question from the previously submitted form as option A for select_one. I’m hoping to do this with a filter for each individual user so that answers in the select_one question seen by enumerators are only those which that same enumerator has typed in previous submissions.

Hi!
I don’t know if I fully understood your solution, but what we came up with was to use the “select_one_from_file” question, and update the options file manually with eventual new records.

It would be an option to automatize the updating process with an external script, but the cost-benefit of this work depends on how often you get new records for the list.
In my case, it is enough to routinely change the file, so that’s what we’re doing for now :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, thanks! :slight_smile:

hi nadiacoelho
Did you manage to find the solution or the method?e

i have already known the type select_one_from_file but it will be remain problem that how we can update csv file

i have tried with google sheet but i have failed
please some help

that exactly what i need, and none had answered, although i have explained this issue multiple times and none have answered me