I uploaded the csv file, but the data is not replaced with new one ( in Kobo Collect )

@caneeraj, I checked the same at my end extracting a small section of your questionnaire and it worked for me.

In the survey tab of yoru xlsform:

In the CSV file:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Data entry screen as see in Collect android app:

Reference xlsform:

dailyplaaning.xlsx (9.9 KB)

Reference CSV file:

overdue.csv (178 Bytes)

Hi @Kal_Lam

i am getting this error in web form

Further you need to scroll to next screen , the data which you had seen is not from the enclosed csv , it is coming from the zip file uploaded earlier

, the data of the csv which is not coming will come in 4th page , with title

Overdue data is on below

@caneeraj, please try the file I shared and follow the sample proivded.

@firoz9528, you recently came up with another issue? So which issue are you currently trying to discuss? Could you also provide a background so that we could understand your case?

hi @Kal_Lam

same problem i am facing as @firoz9528 is facing

@caneeraj, as in your case, I could observe syntax inconsistencies in your CSV header. Please fix it as outlined above and that should help you solve your issue.

@firoz9528, please check out your CSV file and the xlsform. There maybe syntax issues that are not compatible causing the issue as observed in the case of @caneeraj.

Hi @Kal_Lam

i had tried after fixing the same but still it is not working and issue seems to be same that earlier i used to do the same and it was working but since last update ( when zip upload disallowed ) data is not replacing with new one.

@caneeraj, my advise here would be that you break your xlsform to different sections (one for each pulldata) to see which of the section is not working (like the one I have done and fixed it for you). Doing this you should be able to solve your issue. If you still have issues with any of the section you could share the same with the community. The community would help you solve your issue.

Hi @Kal_Lam

I tried every thing , after changing the file names Now data started showing on web form but in kobo collect data is still not coming

Check if there are any column headers in your CSV file that has missing values. If you see them try removing them.

hi @Kal_Lam

I tried and it worked , but we should now consider this as a bug.

Issue in details is

I change the file name in xls form also i changed the same file name for media section as well , and it worked , later i re uploaded the file with changed data , but the file did not replaced in Kobo collect , where as in web form in Enketo it is showing updated data.

the Gist is :

data is now not updated in kobo collect app even after redeployed , where as Enketo is working perfectly

i think , some one need to look in to the kobo sync for media section , which stopped working now

both screen shot of enketo and kobo collect attached for your reference

Enketo

Kobo Collect

Please check the Total Overdue Amount both are different

Please check and help

HI @caneeraj
I am counter-checking whether this bug is related to an issue we have with delayed media files.

Stephane

@caneeraj, could you also show us a screenshot of the identifier you used for this for both the forms? Apparently the identifier is seen missing.

Hi @Kal_Lam

I used to use this form for last more than 4 months and it was working perfectly

Please guide how can I find the identifiers , I don’t know much about technical definitions

If you look at my post discussed previously you should find a question that says Please Enter Your 4 Digit Ecode. This is the identifier for the pulldata function.

Hi @Kal_Lam

i had changed the identifier limit of 4 digit and it worked as desired as it did previously , but data is not replaced when i update the data file in media section

OK, let me check this at my end. Could you let me know the server are you using so that I could check the same at my end?

https://kf.kobotoolbox.org

1 Like

@caneeraj, do you keep the name of the CSV file same or do you change the name?