I uploaded the csv file, but the data is not replaced with new one ( in Kobo Collect )

Hi @Kal_Lam

i think since the update launched , the Media file section is not properly functioning , as in earlier post i raised the issue for zip files not uploaded.

Now even i uploaded the csv file , but the data is not replaced with new one ( in Kobo Collect )

i tried even uninstalling kobo collect , clear cache but nothing is working.

Please help , we are not able to provide the latest data to the team

Cheers !

Neeraj

@caneeraj, have you redeployed/deployed after updating your media with CSV file? Deploying/redeploying should solve your issue.

i tried thrice but all in vain

@caneeraj, could you share your CSV file so that we could have a closer look at it (to see if there is any issue)?

Please find attached

overdueupload.csv (183 Bytes)

Seems fine. So are you trying to use the pulldata function? Could you also share with us the section of the pulldata function from your xlsform so that we could check it out at our end?

Sure

pulldata(‘overdueupload.csv’,‘totalmeminod’,‘ecode_key’,${ecode})
pulldata(‘overdueupload.csv’,‘odamt’,‘ecode_key’,${ecode})
pulldata(‘overdueupload.csv’,‘zerocollclient’,‘ecode_key’,${ecode})
pulldata(‘overdueupload.csv’,‘zerocollamt’,‘ecode_key’,${ecode})

issue seems that the kobo collect app is picking old data where as in media section new file with new data appearing

may be some cache issue or by doing get blank form new file is still not replacing

@caneeraj, could you change your CSV filename overdueupload.csv to a new filename to see if that solves your issue.

let me try

1 Like

no it is not working

@Kal_Lam

Form is enclosed for your ref.

dailyplaaning.xlsx (14.1 KB)

Did you also change the name from within the xlsform? Try using this code (without a csv extension in the filename):

pulldata(‘newcsvname’,‘totalmeminod’,‘ecode_key’,${ecode})

I see you have tried to use ${ecode} from a calculate question type. You will need to ensure that ${ecode} is working as it should. For this try pushing it through a note to see it works as expected.

HI @Kal_Lam

EVERYTHING WAS WORKING PERFECTLY BEFORE THIS UPDATE , THERE WAS NOT ANY ISSUE.

Besides, I also see that you are trying to enter your matching code with 4 digits row 11 and row 14.

But your csv file has 2 digit code for matching.

Image 2

Have a closer look at this too and you should be able to solve your issue.

HI @Kal_Lam

THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM AS THE DATA WAS SAVED IN TEXT FORMAT AND IT USED TO WORK EARLIER AS WELL.

Besides, your CSV also has a header that has space in it (Column C, EMPLOYEE NAME) which is not supported in the system:

Image 2

Fix it and it should work.

Hi @Kal_Lam

Still not working

Hi @Kal_Lam

i tried above also but still it is not working , Please help.

Cheers !

Neeraj