I would like for one of my colleagues to be able to change the Kobo username associated with the account he is now using

Hello @Kal_Lam,

I would like for one of my colleagues to be able to change the Kobo username associated with the account he is now using.

I see here on this thread that it is not possible to change a username, but rather than a new username and account will have to be created and the forms deployed to that new account. My questions are:

1. Is it up to the specific user to create a new account, or is it created by the administrator of the organization’s Kobo account?
  2. If it is the responsibility of the specific user, how can they ensure the account is associated with the same organization, and isn’t just a random new account not tied to any organization?
  3. Should creating a new username occur on KoboToolbox and then be logged into on Kobo Collect, or vice versa?

I hope these questions make sense- thank you in advance for any insight you can provide!

It depends on how the account is being planned to be used and who would like to be the admin owner of that account. If it’s the organization, then probably the organization creating the account would make sense. If not then maybe the staff could create it by himself/herself.

They will need to use the same email ID (provided by the organization with the domain name in the email ID).

The account should be first created in the server and then configured in the App to get the blank forms.

Hello @Kal_Lam,

Thank you for these responses, they are very helpful.

My next question is, how does the admin owner for the organization go about creating a new account? Is it simply to log out of their account in KoboToolbox, and then create a new account, and then share the login information to the user to add to the app, and then share the forms with that new account?

Or is there a simpler way to create a new account for the user that automatically includes them within the organization and thereby the forms are already shared with them?

Thanks,
Emma

1 Like

@slovakia_office, as of now, you must create an enumerator account manually like you created one for yourself.