Import failed

Good Afternoon

Please i need your help… i am trying to upload and xls file to kobo collect and it gives the following error.

Import Failed!
Name: Phone sales survey 2020- GFSS.xlsx
ValueError: unknown type [u'cascading_select farmer']

it very urgent any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi @bestbrain,

Welcome to the community! Looking at your error message, i guess, you have used a wrong question type (cascading_select) that is not supported by KoBoToolbox. Try finding it and replacing it with an appropriate question type (select_one or select_multiple).

Have a great day!

Thanks very much,
How do i do that please… i cant seem to find my way around it.

Hi @bestbrain,

For this simply download the xlsform from your KoBoToolbox as outlined here and then scan the issues that i have pointed out earlier.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks very much
i was finally able to upload after i corrected the xls with the recommendation you gave.

2 Likes

Hi,

Someone could tell me ¿why happen this message of error?

I attached screenshot.

error_kobo1

Best,

@segadu78, which server are you using where you see this? It should be helpful for us to troubleshoot.

Hi @Kal_Lam,

I’m using google chrome as you see in the attached image.

Best,

@segadu78, do you always get this error message or is it occasional? Maybe we could have a closer look at it if you describe in detail.

Hi @Kal_Lam it is occasional when I replace the forms uploading an XLSForm.

Thank you for your response.

Hi,
Could you send the XLS form that gives you this failure.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

It’s sometimes helpful to validate your xlsform through this online validator. It should help you identify the syntax errors if present within your xlsform.

Hi @stephanealoo. Thank you for your interest. I don´t think that could be the syntax of the XLSForm becasue when this happened, I tried to upload again and worked perfectly.

Thank you @Kal_Lam for your response.

Best,

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam for your response and your interest, I don´t think that could be the syntax of the XLSForm becasue when this happened, I tried to upload again and it worked perfectly.

1 Like

@segadu78, thank you. We shall create a GitHub issue if we are able to reproduce it in the future. Thank you once again for bringing this to the community. We shall be keeping a close eye for this issue.

1 Like

Good Afternoon

Please i need your help… i am trying to upload and xls file to kobo collect and it gives the following error.

Import Failed!
Name: projet.xlsx
ValueError: unknown type ['Text']

it very urgent any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the community, @ladislas! Maybe you will need to check your question type where you have used Text instead of text. Hope this solves your issue.

thank you; j’ai fin par retrouver c’était pas facile, j’avais a questionnaire of 15 sections et je les ai trié one a un

It’s also always helpful to use the online validator to checkout for syntax issues if any for your XLSForm.