Import ODK questionnaire

Hello!

I an new to the KoBotoolbox community and need some help.
I am having this questionnaire here:

which is marked as ODK questionnaire. But when I import it to the KoboToolBox I see all the English texts lost.

I have also noted that some variable names are repeated in that questionnaire (“nationality_other”, “phone_number”, and more), but I don’t know if this is a difference between the ODK and Kobo systems? I thought that the variable names must be unique. Since this is an actual questionnaire I think it was supported at least at that time ~2017, but I lack the necessary details.

I read that these duplicates are corrected: Duplicate variable names do not create errors

Why are the texts lost then? And not all the texts? (I see the texts in bold - group titles)

What do I need to do to use this questionnaire with Kobo? Can I take it as is, or do I need to make changes to it?

Please help!

Thank you!!!

Hello @nexino4980,
ODK Collect Forms normally work without problems in KoBo.
You should add (en) to the language. See Adding Another Language to your XLSForm — KoboToolbox documentation.

It seems that this form has a second language without translated labels, hints etc. See settings and language choice on top of the form?
You may also check the language of the KoBo account and of the preview browser?

Did you check your form with the Online validator?

1 Like