Importing excel data into KoBoToolbox

Hi,

I created a form for a field survey where we will have to visit a list of building and document them. We have been given a list of addresses and informations that we will need in the field (construction year, etc.).

A couple of years ago, I used FulcrumApp for a similar survey. Fulcrum let you import datasets (in .xls or csv format, can’t remember) in your app (form) which is really usefull. I’m looking for a way to do that.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible and if yes, how to proceed?

Thanks,

Hi Antoine,
This is meant to be the way to do it:

http://xlsform.org/#pre-loading-csv-data

However I believe this only works on ODK Collect and not on Kobo Collect. Ask the Kobo developers if this is near to being completed - can’t see anything recently.

Cheers,

Matthew

···

On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 01:04:38 UTC+10, Antoine Cantin wrote:

Hi,

I created a form for a field survey where we will have to visit a list of building and document them. We have been given a list of addresses and informations that we will need in the field (construction year, etc.).

A couple of years ago, I used FulcrumApp for a similar survey. Fulcrum let you import datasets (in .xls or csv format, can’t remember) in your app (form) which is really usefull. I’m looking for a way to do that.

Thanks,

A workaround would be to create a basic survey on Kobo then download he xlsform and cut and paste your choice lists from your database into the ‘choices’ tab on the xlsform. Could be time consuming or even unworkable if you have a very large dataset. Or you can just try using ODK!

···

Hi,

Thanks,

Thanks but ODK is Android only, right? My colleagues only have IOS…

···

Le mardi 11 juillet 2017 22:36:01 UTC-4, matt...@gmail.com a écrit :

A workaround would be to create a basic survey on Kobo then download he xlsform and cut and paste your choice lists from your database into the ‘choices’ tab on the xlsform. Could be time consuming or even unworkable if you have a very large dataset. Or you can just try using ODK!

Hi,

Thanks,