Inconsistencies in dates when viewing data

Hi there,

For part of our form, we ask researchers to enter a date as a response for several questions. As part of our quality assurance process, we go through and confirm the dates and realized that for some reason, the dates that are entered are not consistent across all the views. When opening the submission to edit or viewing all the submissions in table form, the dates are correct. However, when opening to view just one submission, the date is always shifted one day back.

We would really appreciate any help on this, thanks!

@melodyxu, could you also share a screenshot of your issue? The screenshot should help us understand your issue pictorially.

Hey guys, I have the same issue.
Not only with the date, but also with the time.
The date that was filled in by the user can be seen in the “edit view” and “table view”, however when viewing the submission record, the date is consistently shifted back by one day.

The time entered by the user can be seen in the “table view” and when viewing the submission record, however in the “edit view” the time is consistently displayed as 12:00 AM.

Any ideas on how to mitigate this and be able to see the entered date and time across all views?

Hi @Kal_Lam, do you have any ideas on how to mitigate this (see my previous post) and be able to see the entered date and time across all views?

@ali_p, could you also let us know the server you are using?

Hi @Kal_Lam , I’m using the HHI server.

I can replicate this - for the time question I had input the time as 11:45 (am) but it is showing as 12:00 when I view the submission in Enketo (it shows correctly in table view and in preview view - shows as 11:45+time zone offset)

I did a form with 4 questions - an input date question, an input time question, an input datetime question, and a free text field where I wrote what I had input.

I then did input using Enketo. I’m in time zone UTC+13, using the humanitarianresponse KoBo server.

1 Like

Hi @melodyxu

I’m having the exact same issue here:

Did you manage to solve it?

@Kal_Lam, @nat,
Any news on this, please? Chould we get a Github link?