Is there a way of searching for data locally say in one digital tablet without using an externally uploaded CSV file?

Is there a way of searching for data locally say in one digital tablet without using an externally uploaded CSV file?

Welcome back to the community @bkgwadi! Sorry could not understand your issue. Could you kindly simplify them again.

Hie @Kal_Lam

Is there an alternative to using external data (from a CSV file) in a search function? Can the data be housed in the machine being used for collection? For instance, where a sole interviewer has captured households and now wants to add participants who have to be linked to those very households.

Maybe the pull data as outlined in the support article Pull Data Functionality in KoBoToolbox should help you solve your issue. Or is it still something else?

@Kal_Lam I am okay with the procedure, just wanted to find out how possible it is for the csv file to be localised within that tablet being used for data collection without having to upload it as explained. Let me work on what has been availed to me for now.

Could you explain on localised that you are trying to refer …

Say someone is using just one tablets (lack of resources, maybe) they have done collection of household heads first and at a later stage, they want to populate the households with people belonging to those different households. Instead of exporting the CSV file for upload and creating a new data collection template, is it possible to utilise the data in the tablet?

I hope I am now clear.

So you mean you wish to link the information that was collected from a previous project to your current project?

Yes, but I do not want to do it by uploading the CSV file. Is the data within the tablet/ gadget accessible?

Sorry. This feature is not available with KoBoToolbox at the moment.

1 Like

Thank you @Kal_Lam

1 Like