Is there a way to check if the ID number I'm about to submit is already in the database?

I’m working on a form for unemployed people to register for a livelihood project, one of the data they will be entering is their national ID number or their passport number, is there a way to make the form check if the entered national ID number or passport number has already been submitted under this form? (Something like the pull data function but to check within the already collected data)

Welcome to the community, @taher! You could do this with the dynamic data attachment feature as outlined in our support article:

Thank you @Kal_Lam, I went through the support article, but it seems to need another project to compare with, however, I’m trying to compare the national ID number or passport number with other national ID numbers or passport numbers in the same project, and find out if the national ID number or passport number has been previously submitted or not.

@taher, this can be done with the Dynamic Data Attachment feature. Please see the image shared below on how to link it dynamically:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Beneficiary Name Check (Case Management).xlsx (9.3 KB)

Please note the following when using the Dynamic Data Attachment feature to work:

• It takes 5 minutes to sync the data
  • To make this work, you must link the project to itself.

Failing to achieve these points will affect what you have planned.