Is there any means to automatically fill the date in G.C when data is entered in other calendar?

Hi Team! I encountered a problem to use date format as my country date calendar is different from G.C. Is there any means to automatically fill the date in G.C when data is entered in other calendar? Does it create a problem if I use number option for date question on question matrix?

Welcome to the community, @gute! Could you share a sample of the date format your country has and the GC date format with the community?

Great. Ethiopian date is normally written in dd//mm/yyyy format. And, it is 8years back from G.C. For instance, today is 16/09/2014. On my questionnaire, I need data of last 2 years

@gute, you could do this as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Reference XLSForm:

Ethiopian Date.xlsx (10.2 KB)

Note: This best works with Collect android app. The date inputs are taken in Ethiopian Format but are stored in AD.

You should be able to learn more about the date format here.

1 Like

Thank you a lot for making my work easy. I get on track. Does it have a problem later for data analysis if I use only the calendar I need ? here as below

1 Like

@gute, you could make a test and check the data in the server to ensure you get it in the way you wish to. If it’s the data you wish, you could start your data collection.

1 Like