Issue of Downloading Data from Kobo

@baana2005, as a quick check, would you mind downloading your XLSForm and then validating it against the online validator to see if any syntax issues are affecting it?

Dear Kal,

I have done what you ask me and found this blow highlighted in yellow,

[row : 251] Group has no label: {‘name’: ‘Fredom_group’, ‘type’: ‘begin_group’}

[row : 252] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘freedom_movement_questions’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 259] Group has no label: {‘name’: ‘Fredom_group_001’, ‘type’: ‘begin_group’}

[row : 260] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘freedom_movement_questions_001’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 296] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘type_of_incid_tookplace_questions’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 465] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 483] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_shelter’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 501] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_nfis’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 519] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_health’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 537] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_wash’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 555] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_food’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 573] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_nutrition’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 591] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_livelihood_vocational_training’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 609] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_legal_support’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 627] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_mental_health_and_psycho_social_support’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 645] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_family_reunification’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 663] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_housing_land_and_property’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 681] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_awareness_on_mines_unexploded_ordnances’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 699] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_support_to_women’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

[row : 717] Repeat has no label: {‘name’: ‘referral_repeat_support_to_children’, ‘type’: ‘begin_repeat’}

Screenshot 2023-09-12 090319

1 Like

Dear Kal,

Kindly see below my response to your question,

Thank you

1 Like

Dear Kal,

I haven’t hear from you after you ask me to check which I did and send you what I found

I am having the same issues. When I tried openings the data in JSON format on the web, it returns bad gateway error.

Dear Kam,

Kindly assist use in rectifying tis matter please.

@baana2005, @tomisin getting back to see if this issue is still on?

Dear Kam.

I just check it now and still not downloading in fact I when to the form and label the empty labels like for repeat in case is the one stopping it and still not downloading, kindly help our. Thanks

Dear @Kal_Lam ,

Yes, the error still persit. The API to the form is still returning 'bad gateway error.

However, for the download, I was able to download after unchecking the download all version from the advance settings option.

Just to be able to access the data through the API that is pending now.

Welcome back.

@baana2005, @tomisin, could you kindly share a screenshot of your project name so that I would be able to check it at my end?

Dear Kal,

I did what @tomisin said by unchecking the download all version from the advance settings option. and I was able to download, Thank you @tomisin

I’m also getting the Web.Contents failed to get contents from ‘https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/assets/aEgHKW9Xs6vH2sThaGVUuB/submissions/?format=json’ (502): Bad Gateway

1 Like

Dear @Kal_Lam ,

See the screenshot below with the project name and username-‘nmep’.

@baana2005 I’m glad to see that the solution worked for you.

What is pending now is to access the data through the API either as CSV and JSON. It keeps returning the “Bad Gateway” error.

Thank you.
Regards,

1 Like

Dear Kal,

We will really appreciate if you can fix this issue of “Bad Gateway” error. immediately because is seriously interrupting my work,
Username: xxxx
Project name: Harmonized Protection Monitoring Tool Household Assessment (HHA)
Server: https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/

Thank you.

@baana2005, could you kindly share the steps to download your data through the API? Maybe I could check it at my end to see if there is anything breaking.

Dear Kal,

Kindly find the steps below,
Kobo to Power BI via API
URL: https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/assets/aEgHKW9Xs6vH2sThaGVUuB/submissions/?format=json
Authorization: Token xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Like

So you are trying to link your KoboToolbox data to Power BI?

1 Like

Dear Kal,

you ask for the steps i’m following that’s why I posted the previous, actually I have connected and when refreshing or made adjustment in Powe query then I get below message,

Web.Contents failed to get contents from ‘https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/assets/aEgHKW9Xs6vH2sThaGVUuB/submissions/?format=json’ (502): Bad Gateway,

Thank you.

1 Like

Dear Kal,

Up to now you didn’t help us rectify the issue or (502): Bad Gateway which I and @tomisin complained several time, below is my forms information,

Web.Contents failed to get contents from ‘https://eu.kobotoolbox.org/assets/aEgHKW9Xs6vH2sThaGVUuB/submissions/?format=json’

Dear @Kal_Lam ,

This issue of bad gateway response when trying to access the data still persists and it is affecting the smooth running of the project I am on. Kindly assist.

Kind regards

Dear @tomisin ,

Kindly follow this steps to refresh your data which is what I have been doing and it’s working for me,

1 Like